Grounds Maintenance Team Member
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and cleaning the outside areas of a cluster of retail stores. As an outdoor loving candidate, you will be delivering on the general cleaning and grounds maintenance duties such as sweeping, blowing mowing, edging, pruning, trimming weed control, and picking up waste/ rubbish.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver Ground Maintenance services to several sites to ensure Safety and Compliance
- Update the outside areas when required
- Remove all garden waste and transfer to an authorized waste transfer station
- Proactively liaise with store Managers and internal peers and stakeholder
- External pressure wash of buildings as required
- Ensure compliance with safe work practices within the principles of OH&S
- Work flexibly and reliably within tight guidelines and with minimal direction
As part of your commitment, you will be provided with a company vehicle including a trailer, a company phone and all tools required.
To be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Ideally previous Grounds Maintenance or Cleaning experience in a similar environment
- Experience in working with landscaping/ gardening tools and/ or cleaning machinery
- Turf-management experience is advantages but not necessary
- Sound knowledge in working with a smartphone used for e.g. job allocations, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to work towards KPI’s and priorities an influxes of workload
- A Valid driver’s license coupled with experience driving with a trailer
- A can-do and positive attitude
This role will be covering a cluster of retail stores around Melbourne North - including Melton, Werribee and Sunshine.
This position is outdoors and requires the ability to work in all weather conditions.
As part of our application process, you will be required to participate in medical and drug and alcohol testing.
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Melbourne VIC, Australia